- Mobile, Unity3D
- 01 May 2014
- Entertainment Technology Center
Role: Unity Developer
- – Built a checkpoint system to save player’s progress
- – Implemented game UI
- – Built a tool that enabled artists to add layers to the 2D parallax scrolling environment, the tool included:
- – ability to set desired depth of a layer which affected the speed it scrolled at.
- – ability to add a color gradient to a specific layer.
- – the HSV coloring of a layer dynamically changed depending upon how far into the level the player was.
- – Built centralized sound manager to handle all audio assets in the project, the system included:.
- dynamically played SFX based upon collision data.
- allowed the audio designer to set points in the level where a musical shift in emotion should take place.
- – Imported and synced assets into the Unity Project (textures, models, animations, audio).
Length: 15 weeks
The goal of project Samsara was to design and develop an expressive artistic experience that addressed the serious issue of bullying; an unsolved social problem that results in both emotional and physical trauma for its victims. Bullying is a problem that is rooted in negativity, so the philosophy of our team was to create something positive.
We created a game called Samsara, which is an atmospheric, vertical scrolling, action/adventure game where players guide a seed as it falls from the top of the trees to the beautiful forest floor.